Ages 12 and 13
Session 1: June 23 – 27, 2014
Session 2: June 29 – July 3, 2014
The EAA Young Eagles Camp is designed as an introduction to the wonderful world of aviation. This program will use small group activities and close counselor relationships to present the basics of flight in a "science camp" format that is a unique combination of fun and discovery.
Activities at the EAA Young Eagles Camp are designed to interest and challenge 12 and 13 year olds and include such activities as:
Airplane Wing Construction
• Build and fly a simple balsa glider
• Build and fly a rubber powered model
• Learn the basics of flight through an interactive computer simulator ground school. Fly designed missions or create and fly your own mission.
Learn about aviation history and flight
• Tour the EAA AirVenture Museum
• Visit Pioneer Airport
• Watch flight demonstrations
• Experience the thrill of flight in both an airplane and helicopter
Where will you stay while at the Academy?
For more information on EAA's Air Academy programs, contact:
EAA Air Academy
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086